ART, as well as filling me with immense joy, makes me stop and think, question and educate, there is a world full of endless possibilities out there that we have only scrapped the surface of!
Through the use of acrylics and mixed media I revel in my abstract and contemporary world of stenciling, skins, texture, numbers, photographs and collage. I have been extremely fortunate over the years, through extensive travel and connecting with others, to experience the passion and intrigue that art offers me and I hope to share some of that passion with you.
In my latest series…the Santos, a religious statue was placed on the alter in different parts of Europe, for the congregation to pray to when the priest was unable to say mass. I photographed its face to create a skin and used the androgynous figure as the main subject of some of the worlds past and current affairs, Racism, Women’s Rights and Mental Health. Its companion the pig, confronts the viewer with slight unease and disengagement from every day life and reality where one might ask ‘why is it there?’! The chandelier, also present in all of my creations endeavors to shed light on the issues highlighted.
I would like to think that I am sending a message of integrity and goodness in the form of my paintings…but you can decide…let’s make a connection!
- Herrick Gallery, 93 Piccadilly, London - Collective - Mayfair Weekend of 29th June 2018
- Hyde Park Corner Tube Station - Digital Age for Art Below - Collective - 18th June 2018
- Marram Trading, 113 High Street, Hurstpierpoint, Hassocks BN6 9PU
Solo Exhibiton - 13th June - 16th June 2018 / 09:30-16:30hrs
A taster of past exhibitions
For future exhibitions follow the gigi Facebook page
- Roy's People Art Fair - Bargehouse - Oxo Tower - London - April 2018
- Roy's People Art Fair - Islington, London - 15th - 18th September 2017
- Brick Lane Gallery, London - March 2017
- Monaco solo expo – At Home with Gigi - 15th – 22nd February 2016
Collective exhibition with Sarasvati Group of Artists in collaboration with the Prince Albert Foundation
at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco - 24th September 2014
Collective exhibition in Monaco – Comite National Monegasque AIAP - December 2014
- Galeria d'Arte Contemporanea - San Donato Milanese, MILAN - 22nd February 2014 – 16th March 2014
- Ventes en Encheres pour les Enfants Autistes de Monaco, L'Hermitage Hotel Monaco - 26th June 2013
- L'EAU A L'OEUVRE, Comite National Monegasque AIAP, MONACO - 22nd November – 8th December 2013
- Collective exhibition in VADUZ, Liechtenstein - 5th November – 5th December 2013
- BRANDENBURG, GERMANY - November 2013
- CASA VACAS, EL RETIRO, MADRID, SPAIN - 7th - 21st JUNE 2012
- IM GULDENEN ARM GALLERY, POTSDAM, GERMANY – 21st - 26th November 2011
- GRAND PALAIS - 'Art in the Capital', PARIS - 23rd - 28th November 2010
- L'ENTREPOT, MONACO - 1st June 2010 - Auction for Haiti
- PACIFIC RESTAURANT, MONTE CARLO - Grand Prix Exhibit - 2nd May – 2nd June 2010
- THE ARTWORKS GALLERY, NEWCASTLE, UK Curators Choice - August – September 2009
- Salon d'Art Contemporain Valbonne - August 2009
- MAISON DE L'AMERIQUE LATINE DE MONACO - ‘EVOLUTION’ - 14th - 31st May 2008
- AWARDED THE ‘PRIX DE LA COMMISSION NATIONALE AUPRES DE L’UNESCO‘ IN 2012
- MEMBRE DU COMITE NATIONAL MONEGASQUE DES ARTS PLASTIQUES AUPRES DE L’UNESCO